Here’s what you need:
Yields: 24 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20+ minutes
– 1 1/2 cups whole raw cashews
– 1 1/2 cups whole raw almonds
– 1 cup chopped raw pecans
– 1 cup chopped raw walnuts
– 1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
– 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
– 1/3 cup Organic Blue Agave
– 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
– 2 teaspoons sea salt
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 4 ounces organic 80% dark chocolate (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line a baking dish with parchment paper.
– Set aside. In a large bowl, mix the cashews, almonds, pecans, walnuts, and pepitas.
– Pour Coconut Palm Sugar, Agave, vanilla extract, sea salt, and cinnamon in a large pot. Bring to a simmer and stir to dissolve the sugar. Once sugar is completely melted, and the edges are bubbling, turn off the heat and pour in the nuts.
– Quickly mix the nuts into the syrup with a wooden spoon, until completely coated. Pour the nut mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a piece of wax paper to press the mixture firmly together.
– Bake the nut bars on the center rack for approximately 20 minutes until the tops are golden.
– Then (this is the hard part) allow the nut bars to cool for at least 45 minutes in the pan.
– Lift the whole pan of nut bars out of the pan, by the edges of the parchment paper.
– Cut into 24 bars. Spread the bars apart.
Optional: Break one 4 ounce bar of dark chocolate into pieces and melt. Once melted, pour the chocolate into a plastic bag. Snip off a tiny portion of the corner, and pipe the chocolate over the bars. Allow the chocolate to dry before wrapping. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for 1 week, or in the fridge for up to a month.
Delicious easy to make Paleo Nut bars!
Like us on FACEBOOK for more;